Welcome to Mayslake Nature Study &
Capturing Nature’s Beauty
Next Meeting – June 6th at 7 pm
Program: Flower Power – Unconventional Lenses for Flower Photography
By: Gerri Jones
- Gerri enjoys photographing all subjects and especially the challenge of new ways to see through the creative use of Lensbaby lenses. She is a Lensbaby Ambassador.
- Gerri’s presentation will help you discover ways to get past using the standard lenses and add creativity with style choices into your flower photography. It will concentrate on unconventional lens choices, including the popular vintage Helios 44-2, as well as Lensbaby lenses featuring the Twist 60.
- Gerri shoots with both a modified and unmodified version of the Russian Helios 44-2 lens. She will cover the “quirks” of shooting with the modified version of the Helios, and explain how this fun little inexpensive vintage lens can ignite your creativity.
- Included with be a deep dive into some of the challenges that “all manual” lenses present, with tips on focus for successful results that make these lenses a joy to use out in the gardens.
- Join us for this interesting and informative presentation.
- Zoom details will be sent via club email or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request registration information.
We meet the first Monday of every month throughout the whole year, and then 4 times a year, competition is held on the third Monday of the Month. We meet the whole year, not stopping for the summer months as some other Club will do. View our scheduled meetings and events in our calendar
Don’t delay – Join the best Chicago area nature camera club to learn more about nature and improve your photography skills.