Welcome to Mayslake Nature Study &
Capturing Nature’s Beauty
Next Meeting – July 18th at 7 pm
Program: Bird Photography – Beyond the Basics
By: Steve Gettle
- Over the course of his 30-year career, Steve Gettle has spent countless hours creating hundreds of thousands of photographs capturing nature’s beauty around us. Steve’s images communicate his love for the wildlife and the wild places of our world.
- Steve has been honored to receive many awards for his photography. Some of the highlights include being chosen as Great Lakes Wildlife Photographer of the Year, a multiple award winner honored in the BBC’s Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest, as well as often recognized in the prestigious Nature’s Best photography contest.
- Creating photographs of the birds of our world is a fun and challenging pursuit. In this program, Steve will go beyond the basics, learning tips and tricks to take your bird photography to the next level. Attendees will learn how to properly use fill-flash, how to use many different types of blinds, as well as how to build a backyard bird photography studio. Participants will learn why you don’t need a $12,000 lens to make a picture of a bird.
- Join us for this interesting and informative presentation.
- Space is limited. Pre-registration is required. To register for this online webinar Click this link.
We meet the first Monday of every month throughout the whole year, and then 4 times a year, competition is held on the third Monday of the Month. We meet the whole year, not stopping for the summer months as some other Club will do. View our scheduled meetings and events in our calendar
Don’t delay – Join the best Chicago area nature camera club to learn more about nature and improve your photography skills.